Monday, March 22, 2010

Generating Overlays using Physics Checks

I previously wrote a script to automatically generate overlays given the directories of motions desired for the lower body and upper body actions. The next step was implementing constraints to filter the results.

I integrated our physics checker (thanks to Aline) with the generation script to denote whether or not a created overlay is physically correct. Of course, the checker is not perfect, and even if it were, physically correct overlays are not guaranteed to look realistic or natural. For now, we're using it as one step in the right direction for generating better overlays.

With this script, I can generate a lot of different overlays. Currently, I'm examining which overlays I think look good (does it look like something a human would realistically do?) and why some others do not look as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment