Sunday, February 28, 2010

What's on the Agenda

I thought I'd do a quick post about what I'm working on now and planning for the next few weeks, as well as the remainder of the project.

  • Thorough review of related work - I reviewed previous work when I first proposed the project and have found other relevant work as I've gone on. I'm going to through all the work again to determine the best direction to go in as I get into the major part of the project.

  • Implement constraints - So far, I'm only generating overlays without constraints. The next step will be to implement constraints when automatically generating overlays, primarily physics checks for now.

  • Analyzing results - After the constraints are implemented, I will thoroughly analyze the resulting overlays to see what works and what can be improved.

  • Game environment - I'll create a game environment in OGRE to visualize the overlays through a game character.


I'm going to deviate from my original timeline a little bit. I don't think I'll spend nearly as much time on the game portion as I originally thought. Instead, the game environment will primarily be another means of viewing the overlays, and hopefully will make the results look more interesting. I'll be focusing much more of my time in analyzing the overlays and trying different methods to improve the results when automatically generating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment